The CMHP designation is a professional credential for an unlicensed mental health practitioner with advanced education and on-the-job experience providing direct services to clients in both inpatient and outpatient mental health treatment settings. The CMHP requires a minimum of a bachelor’s degree. The CMHP is a professional designation of competency and does not grant practice rights.
The Florida Certification Board (FCB) is a nationally recognized, non-profit professional credentialing organization. In our 25+ years of experience, we have certified over 10,000 health and human services professionals performing work in the related fields of addictions, prevention, criminal justice, mental health, and behavioral health.
In order to be certified as a Mental Health Professional in the State of Florida, you must:
- Meet specific competency and ethical conduct requirements;
- Possess minimum work and supervision experience requirements;
- Possess minimum education and training requirements;
- Pass the written exam; and
- Complete minimum continuing education credits annually to maintain a current knowledge base.
Definition of a Certified Mental Health Professional (CMHP)
The Certified Mental Health Professional is an unlicensed practitioner who possesses competency in providing direct services in mental health inpatient and outpatient settings. The role of the Mental Health Professional includes but is not limited to:
- Performing screening and assessment activities with service recipients.
- Focusing on person-centered services and recovery plans.
- Establishing a helping relationship and encouraging the service recipient to become actively involved in his/her treatment.
- Coordinating referrals and case management activities.
- Working in a professional and ethical manner
- The degrees from our training program are highly appreciated by treatment centers.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE?
Unlicensed Professionals, social workers, psychologist, or those who want to become Mental Health Professional. Professionals in the mental health field from other countries that wants to work in USA.